Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Hello again everyone (or the few that read this stuff).  It's been awhile but for good reason.

Recently, over Spring Break from college, I traveled the marvelous 14 hour drive from my current position in North Dakota to Colorado to visit my family there.  I don't know if I've mentioned before but my brother (Jason), his wife (Nancy), and my niece (Alexis), live in Colorado Springs, while my sister (Heather) and her husband (Erik) live in Castle Rock.

I thought about writing something while I was down there but I figured I would just wait until another date and not worry about it too much.

Anyway, I had a blast in Colorado, as I always do, and enjoyed greatly seeing my family.

I wasn't really sure what I was going to do this year for Spring Break since last year I had a girlfriend to take along.  However, at the last minute I decided to pack up and make the drive.  In all reality, I enjoyed the drive more by myself than with anyone else.  It gave me almost 28 hours of driving just to lose myself in the music and terrain, which was actually really nice.

When I got to Colorado, it was a pretty relaxed Spring Break.  I didn't have any plans really, since I've seen pretty much all of the "touristy" things down there.  I just packed what I needed and left.  I spent about 5 days a piece at my brother's and sister's houses.  Since it's only about an hour drive between the two it wasn't too bad to drive back and forth.

It was really nice just to sit and relax with my siblings and their spouses and probably the best part, seeing my niece, Alexis, almost the whole 10 days.  She is really something else and definitely never a dull moment when she's around.

Other than that, like I said, it was pretty relaxed.  We went out to eat a few times, my brother and I spent a day at Dragonman's shooting range, grilled outside, played games, and had some good bonding time.

In about a week, the rest of my family from North Dakota, including my other sister and her husband, my mom, and my dad, will be flying to Colorado in anticipation of my new nephew who is due April 5th.  All I can say is, at least this time we're flying.

So in a week, hopefully I will have a new nephew and little brother to Alexis'.  That shall be interesting since Alexis will almost be 2 years old when the new baby arrives.  Trust me, I've asked my brother a few times what he was thinking when they planned that one out.

I'm going to attach a couple of photos from my trip on here and when I get some videos from the trip on YouTube I will definitely link them to a post, also.

For now, it's bedtime...

Coloring the dirt with a stick.

Just like daddy. :)

Sunset from my sister's backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment