Monday, April 9, 2012

Family Strong

I have returned back to North Dakota from our family trip to Colorado.  I must say, I am glad to be home again and able to sleep in my own bed.  However, it is never easy to leave my family in Colorado.  I don't cry very often, but I have a hard time watching other people cry, especially my mom.  When I see my mom cry, it's almost impossible to keep my eyes from tearing up.  Maybe it's because I've always been a mommy's boy and seeing her cry means I know she's hurting in some way.  My brother and his wife gave her the first two and only grandchildren she has and it is always hard for her to leave them as it is for all of us.  The entire way home she was just looking at pictures and videos from the trip over and over again.  I know that we will all see each other soon though and that's what pulls us all through.

We have always been a pretty close family.  If something is happening in one of our lives, it affects all of our lives.

While we were all down in Colorado, my sister received a text from a friend that is currently in the hospital due to prenatal complications.  She is doing fine, just has to remain in the hospital for the remaining weeks of her pregnancy.  In the text she wrote how our family deserves a medal because we made a 1600 mile round trip to Colorado to be there for the birth of Carter.  She goes on to say how she has been in the hospital for five days and none of her in-laws have come to see her even though they live within 100 miles of the hospital.

My entire family listened as my sister read the texts aloud and you could tell by the shock on all of our faces that this thought had never crossed our minds.  We basically packed and flew to Colorado at the drop of a dime.  A medal might be an exaggeration, but that's how our family is.  We're there for each other, no questions asked.

With Easter weekend winding down, I just want to say love your family.  You might not always see eye to eye, but they are your family and they always will be.  I love all of my family and I honestly don't think I would even be alive today if it wasn't for all of them.

Here's a couple of more photos from our trip.  Hope everyone will take some of what I said to heart.

Kisses from Alexis for Uncle Brock.

Alexis welcoming her brother Carter to the world with some kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment