Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Number 23

If you would have asked me 3 years ago where I saw myself in 3 years, there's no way I would have thought I would be sitting here.

Today, the 19th, was my birthday and I turned 23 years old.  I never really saw myself as some 23 year old billionaire or anything crazy like that, but I definitely didn't see myself in my current position.

I am 23, single, still in school, no idea if I will even find a job in my field when I do graduate, and just unsure of life in general.  I have confidence that I will end up where I'm supposed to be eventually, but life is not coming along as quickly as I hoped.

I'm not saying I'm in any hurry to have a stable job and family, but I envisioned I would have both by now.

Maybe I'm just a little down, but having turned 23 and spending most of the day by myself makes a guy think about what he wants in life, or what he doesn't have in life for that matter.

Anyways, happy birthday to me and all others that share this date.  Until next time, party like it's 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment