Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stress

Stress.  People have all sorts of different triggers, levels, and remedies for stress.  What am I doing right now? Laying in my bed, by myself, writing this post, and absolutely jamming out to Zao (a metal band for those who don't know).

Maybe I shall go back a little here.  This week has been beyond stressful.  We started wheat harvest on my family farm, which I actually don't mind working on the farm, it just gets rather stressful at times.  On top of that, I had to shuffle back and forth between the farm and the liquor store because I couldn't get anyone to cover for me.  When I get stressed, I'm usually rather testy.  I've had a headache pretty much all day (mostly from the ridiculous people that come into the liquor store) and every little thing has been getting under my skin.

I'm going to stop for a second to throw this little tidbit in here.  Honestly, I don't know what happened in the last two weeks or if people finally just drank themselves stupid, but almost every other person I've had to deal with at the liquor store this week has either been completely shitfaced at 6 in the afternoon or a complete asshole.  Either way, I'm getting really fed up with it on so many levels.

Anyway, where was I? Yes, testy.  Every little thing gets under my skin.  I almost freaked out on my roommate because the house was a disaster when I got back, even though I haven't been here but 20 minutes in the last two weeks.  I settled for just going to bed and dropping it for now.  So that brings us here.  I am laying in my bed by myself and jamming to Zao because that is what I do to get rid of stress.  I don't like to be around people because when I'm stressed I get set off way to easily.  I like to lay in bed and wind down because it's the most comfortable place I know that is away from people.  Zao. Most people wouldn't find metal music relaxing or "stress relieving", but I don't think there is a better remedy for stress in the world.  Nothing calms me down more.  Actually, my headache is gone now in the 10 minutes it took me to write this.

I suppose I might actually get some sleep now, though.  Until next time, suspend suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment