Sunday, January 8, 2012

North Dakota: Born and Raised

I've had about enough of this.

I am a true North Dakotan.  I was born here, raised here, and still live here.  To tell you the truth, I will probably never leave this state.  The only circumstance that would incline me to leave this state was if I received a job offer elsewhere that involved much more money than a job I would receive here.

I lived in the same house from the time I was born until I was 18 and graduated and moved to college.  I go to college 30 minutes from my home town.  I know some of you think that is probably really lame and that I'm just scared to grow up and move away, but I'm really not.  I love to travel whenever I can.

The point of this post is the never-ending bitching I hear from people in this town.  I love living here.  It's calm, relaxing, and provides me with anything and everything I enjoy.  However, there are people that are in the same boat as me.  They have lived here their entire life.  Unlike me though, they take every opportunity to complain about it.  All I ever hear is how much this town and state sucks.  It's really frustrating.  I don't live here because I have to.  I live here because I want to.  I love North Dakota.  To those who complain, I always say why don't you leave then?  Nobody is making you stay here.  They never do though.  They just keep complaining.  So here it is...North Dakota has it's drawbacks, just like any other place you could live, but I think I am a much better person having grown up here.  If you don't like it, get the hell out!

No comments:

Post a Comment