Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Repeat after me: I am free.

The United States of America is "the land of the free and the home of the brave" but do you really feel free after you think about that statement.

I am free.

I have been an American citizen my entire life and I couldn't be happier with being given the opportunity to live in this country.  However, today is January 17, 2012.  Think back as far as you can remember, 10 years, 20 years, 50 years.  Do you still feel "free" today?

With the rise of legislation in our wonderful government to try to abolish piracy on the internet, I am beginning to wonder how free this country really is.  Telling us what we can and can't do on the internet, one of the biggest freedoms we have.  I know it's nothing compared to other countries.  However, I have been told my entire life to support our government and armed forces because they are fighting for and supporting our freedom.  I say bullshit.  I support the idea that our armed forces want to fight for our country. I do not support our government creating that need.  Every year there is a new law that takes away a little more of our freedom.  How long will it be before we are programmed to do exactly what our government tells us?  Oh wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment