Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just Blowing Smoke in a Glass

For anyone that doesn't know this, I am REALLY into making and sharing YouTube videos.  With people like RayWilliamJohnson and FPSRussia on YouTube, it seems like a relatively easy way to make some free money.  Let me tell you though, it's not as easy as it looks.

Back in 2004 I created an account and posted a video that got quite a few views.  A couple years later, I received an email about a program that pays you to put advertisements on your YouTube videos.  I thought, "Well that's awesome, sure why not?"  Since then I have become a little more than obsessed with YouTube and now have about 35 videos.

I guess when I found out you could make money from YouTube I jumped at the idea, especially after learning RWJ and FPSRussia make well over six figures a year.  I thought it would be great to not have to work a day in the real world.  Was I ever wrong.

6 months later I am up to $2.50 revenue from my videos...

Being in my senior year of college in North Dakota, time is running out for a get rich quick scheme or winning the lottery.

I enjoy many different activities and hobbies as I have mentioned previously, but working a job every morning for the rest of my life is not one of those things.  I like way to many others things to be stuck in a cubicle forever.  However, school may be good for one thing.  Today one of my professors told me my assignment for the semester would be to develop a website of something I like and get it up and running.  I immediately thought of this blog, YouTube, and every other piece of content I have posted on the internet.  I don't know why it never crossed my mind but I never even thought to put all of that content on one page and organize it so it is all sexy and user appealing.

Anyway, I describe myself as an entrepreneur before anything else (mostly because I don't like any of my other college jobs).  That is kind of why the title of this post is "Just Blowing Smoke in a Glass", because most of the time I post content on the internet I feel as if no one is looking or listening.  Also, for another reason, but I'll get to that in a minute.  Consider this post a informal introduction to the future content you will be seeing from me on the internet until I get my site up and running.

As for now, I'm just blowing smoke in a glass. --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsU3swGg8U

No comments:

Post a Comment