Sunday, January 8, 2012

Randy Blythe for President!!!

I wasn't going to throw up another post right now...until I came across a very interesting fact.

I'm a huge metal music fan and one of my favorite bands is Lamb of God.  The lead singer being Randy Blythe.  The man is a music God.

While I was out and about last night with my friends, a friend (who is also a metal fan) mentioned an interesting fact to me that Randy Blythe wanted to run for President of the United States...At first I was thinking, "Yeah, I'm sure.  Why would Randy Blythe run for President?"

So, as I was sitting here half buzzed in the wee hours of the morning, I decided to put a little more research into this.  I came across this  http://randonesia.tumblr.com/post/15251001685/i-want-to-be-the-big-cheese

Holy shit was about the first thought that came into my mind.  After reading the entire post, I'm not entirely positive he is legitimately going to run for President, but I don't think that really matters.  Randy is throwing out some heavy-hitting statements to our government.  Put up or shut up basically.  Even if he's not going to run, he's saying things that will make people think about the person they are voting for.  The whole reason I began my search for this article was because of a YouTube video of some fuckwad  presidential candidate (I don't even remember his name to be honest) that stated he would send all the troops back overseas if he were elected.  WTF!

Blythe mostly talks about war and confrontation that we are currently going through and how he would take a bullet, go to the front lines, and even kill before he would risk the lives of others.  That takes some balls.  To summarize, he basically said if the President isn't willing to die themselves for a confrontation they believe in, then why should they risk the lives of people they don't even know for the same confrontation?  If a leader is willing to risk the lives of others in a war, they better be willing to die themselves.

Even if this "presidential campaign" isn't a serious one, Blythe's statements were very serious.  A major shout out to current and future Presidents in my opinion.

I stand behind what Blythe has to say about the war and our military, and even though I worship the ground he walks on, I wouldn't vote for him on that basis alone.  I'm not a mindless American that finds one thing they like about a presidential candidate and votes for them.  However, these statements put Blythe much higher on my ratings than other candidates and I am very curious to see where he takes this from here and where he stands on other US issues.  For now though, I shall wait and see...

Bring some BALLS to the White House.  Randy Blythe for President!

No comments:

Post a Comment